If you own multiple iOS devices, say, an iPhone as well as a latest iPad Pro, you will want to sync iMessage threads across them. However, some iOS users have reported that iMessage not syncing correctly between iOS devices after updating their devices to the latest iOS 12. Every iOS update always brings a lot of new features, simultaneously, also accompanied by lots of annoying problems, iOS 12 is without no exception. After new iOS upgrade, if your iMessage is not syncing either, try these quick fixes in this guide to solve the issue.
How to Fix iMessage Not Syncing Between iDevices
- Make sure iMessage is enabled on both iOS Devices in: Settings > Messages > iMessage.
- Try turn off iMessage and turn it on again.
- If iMessage is on, Tap on “Send & Receive” > Select your phone number and email address that you want to sync to that device.
- Check your network settings and Wi-Fi Proxies to make sure your iDevices connected to network correctly and steadily.
- Delete previous iMessage conversations: It has been reported that deleting iMessages threads may fix this problem.
- You should know that only new iMessages will sync, the old chats will not.
A Better Way to Sync iMessages/Messages Between iDevices
If your iMessages is still not syncing between devices after performing the above steps, we also offer you an alternative solution to solve the problem with AnyTrans for iOS. It is an iOS file transfer that can help you transfer messages/iMessages from iDevice to iDevice/computer easily.
Sync messages and iMessages between any two iDevices (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch). It will not erase any data on target device.
Save iMessages from iPhone to Mac or PC in PDF, TEXT or HTML format. You can first preview and only select the messages you want to transfer.
AnyTrans for iOS is one 100% safe software without the virus, and there have been over 16 million people downloading and using it. Now download AnyTrans for iOS and follow the steps below to sync messages between two iDevices.
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans for iOS > Connect your two iDevices to the computer via USB cables > Choose Device Manager > Click Merge Device option.
Step 2. Confirm the target iDevice > Click the right arrow to continue.
Step 3. Select Messages > Click the right arrow to start transferring.
Besides iMessages, it also copies contacts, music, photos, videos etc. between two iOS Devices, between iDevice and Mac. It can help you always put your important data in the right place. Just get it to make iOS life better.