Novell GroupWise is a comprehensive email application that enterprises use for business communication. It offers all the basic features for information management, messaging, and collaboration. However, it lags behind other prominent products, such as Microsoft Outlook in terms of advanced features, community support, add-ins, etc. This is why many GroupWise-using organizations migrate to Outlook.
The safest and simplest way to perform GroupWise to Outlook migration is to use a third-party GroupWise converter application. That’s exactly what Stellar Converter for GroupWise is.
Stellar Converter for GroupWise – Overview
Stellar Converter for GroupWise is an advanced application that allows you to directly convert a GroupWise mailbox into Outlook Data File (PST). It can also save GroupWise in other common formats, such as PDF, RTF, EML, HTML, and MSG. Other key features of the utility include data preview before it’s saved, conversion of GroupWise in different modes, such as Online, Archive, Caching, and Remote.
Stellar Converter for GroupWise has all the essential features and functions to help you convert a mailbox in the desired format. I will share my experience of using the utility to give you a better idea.
The software installation took no more than 2 minutes, something that has to be appreciated. Launching the software opened the window shown below. It provided different modes for GroupWise conversion – online, remote caching, and archive.
I had an archive GroupWise mailbox file for software testing purposes. So, I selected the archive mailbox option, provided the path to the GroupWise archive file and clicked OK.
Note: If you select other modes of conversion, such as Caching or Remote, then you need to provide additional details, such as GroupWise server user ID, password, etc.
The application scanned the GroupWise file items and displayed the mailbox data in a three-pane window (refer to the image below) for me to review. The mailbox folders were arranged in the left-pane in a tree format. The middle pane displayed the items stored in the selected folder, and the right pane displayed the selected item in the folder. This kind of three-pane arrangement made it easy to find a particular message.
I selected the desired folders in the preview window and clicked the Save button under the Home tab. It opened a new window in which there were multiple options for saving the GroupWise data. These options were PST, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF.
As I wanted to convert GroupWise to PST, I selected the option PST and clicked Next. The program asked for a location for saving the converted data and I provided the same. Then, finally the mailbox data was saved in the PST format.
Overall, the process was simple and fast. I faced no troubles in converting my test GroupWise file.
Stellar Converter for GroupWise Features
- Complete GroupWise to PST conversion including emails, contacts, etc.
- GroupWise conversion to PST, HTML, PDF, RTF, EML, and EML
- Support for different GroupWise mailbox modes – Online, Cache, Archive, and Remote
- Direct export of GroupWise to Office 365 (Technician edition)
- Advanced filters for selective conversion
- In-depth log reports for each conversion session
- Batch conversion of multiple GroupWise mailboxes (Technician edition)
- Compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003. Runs on Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / Windows Server 8 / Windows Server 3
- Processor: Pentium Class
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & Windows Server 2008, 2003
- Memory: Minimum 4 GB (Recommended 8 GB)
- Hard Disk: 250 MB of Free Space
Stellar Converter for GroupWise is ideal for users who want to:
- Migrate from Novell GroupWise to Microsoft Outlook: Exporting GroupWise data to Outlook is difficult. This is because both platforms manage mailbox items, such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. differently. Stellar’s GroupWise converter application offers a simple solution as it directly converts the data in the desired format.
- Migrate from GroupWise to O365: Lately, many companies are switching from Novell GroupWise to cloud-based collaboration platforms, such as Office 365. If you are also making this transition, then you can easily transfer your GroupWise emails, attachments, and other important mailbox items to your Office 365 account in a few easy steps with Stellar Converter for GroupWise.
- Save GroupWise Emails in PDF or HTML: Saving GroupWise emails in PDF or HTML is a hassle, especially when you have to save a large number of emails. Stellar Converter for GroupWise offers a direct option to save the desired emails in both formats.
Stellar Converter for GroupWise is easily one of the most effective, user-friendly, and powerful GroupWise to PST converter tool available today. It has a simple UI and intuitive controls, which makes GroupWise data conversion seamless.
Considering the wide range of features Stellar Converter for GroupWise offers, including support for multiple file formats, mailbox modes (online, archive, remote, and cache), etc. I would strongly recommend the application to most professionals. My overall rating for the program would be 4.7/5.0.