Every college and university is a place of secrets, and the University of Oxford is not an exception. It is an old and one of the best educational institutions in the world, so every third future student dreams of going to this university. We want to reveal a few secrets of this popular place and one of the biggest pride in the UK. If you want to visit it or become an Oxford student, then our secrets will be useful for you, so read the information below.
Popular tourist destination
An interesting fact: almost every person on the planet has heard about this university, but not everyone knows its location. If you are also wondering “Where is Oxford University?”, then this information is for you. Oxford is located near London, just 60 miles northwest and such geographic position make it a more accessible location for tourists.
Having visited this old place, you will understand where Joan Rowling took inspiration for her books and the creation of such a magic place as Hogwarts. Besides, some scenes in the Harry Potter movies were filmed at Oxford’s colleges. For example, the scene in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Malfoy and Noody takes place at New College. Therefore, Oxford is a must-see place for Harry Potter fans.
You need to have 4-5$ to get a map with interesting locations and access to any Oxford’s college. Amazing places like ancient chapels, cozy gardens, and magnificent courtyards are waiting for you.
A great variety of places to eat and drink
Students and tourists will never be hungry at Oxford University. Near each college, you can find a food truck that works all the time and offers delicious hamburgers, shawarma, and chips with different toppings. There are also plenty of places to eat, so here are some of them:
- If you like to eat tasty food, then the Turf Tavern is for you! They also serve the most delicious burgers.
- Do you want to take good photos for Instagram and like coffee? Visit Vaults & Garden Café. There you will find a fantastic garden and enjoy delicious coffee and food.
- Another popular place among students is the Ashmolean Dining Room. You can have a tasty meal and enjoy the cozy atmosphere here. Besides, you will find a rooftop restaurant and bar.
- If you want a cocktail and have a new experience, then go to the Mad Hatter. This bar has a huge selection of unusual and classic drinks.
- One more place to have fun with friends is the Varsity Club. You will never get bored as it has a dance floor and cocktail bar, Moroccan lounge, and a roof with an amazing view.
Oxford is among the world’s top 5 universities
Oxford takes fourth place in the ranking of the best universities in the world and has more than 20 thousand students. However, on the Internet, we can find the request “Is Oxford a good school?” Our answer is definitely yes. The university has 57 Nobel Laureates and has a good and powerful education system.
Oxford students get writing help
Taking into account the requirements of Oxford University and the competition among candidates, it may seem that students study there all day and are always productive. However, it is a stereotype, as Oxford students also like to have fun, can procrastinate and have the undone assignment. But they can make the right decision and get best assignment help.
So, they put trust in a professional and reliable writing company according to Paper Help reviews. It allows to have rest or do more important matters and get written assignments of high quality on time.
We hope that this article was interesting and informative for you. So now you know a little more about this famous place and its students. If you visited this place, then share your experience in the comments below!