Even if you can mine crypto with a CPU, using a GPU is better because it makes you more money. You can connect up to 9 GPUs to GPU coin mining, but you can only use two CPUs unless they are virtual CPUs.
The most common way to mine cryptocurrency is with a graphics processing unit, which is more common than even the most potent ASICs or lower-end CPU miners. With these devices, we can still use proof-of-work methods to mine hundreds of cryptocurrencies, and most people use them as their first mining devices. It makes sense that GPUs still cost a lot.
GPUs vary in how much hash rate they can produce and how much they cost, with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 being the most powerful one right now and the AMD Radeon R9 380, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, AMD Radeon RX 470, and AMD Radeon RX 570 being some of the least expensive.
Top Cryptocurrency To Mine With GPU
Verticoin is not affected by ASICs. For $0.10 per kWh for electricity, a hash rate of 2.50 mh/s, and 450 watts of power use, the daily return is about $4.90. Every 2 minutes and 24 seconds, a block is made by the crypto program Verthash. The prize for blocking is 12.5 Vertcoins.
How to use a GPU to mine Vertcoin:
- Buy a GPU: You can choose from hundreds of GPUs that can be used alone or in a mining rig. They include anything better than the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 LHR.
- Download and install the VTC wallet: This can be found on the Vertcoin page and can be downloaded. After this, come up with a wallet account.
- Pick a mining pool based on reward and potential to generate profit: Choose one based on the payout and the chance of making money. You can use easy mine. online, supernova.cc, and miningpoolhub.com, among others.
- Set up your mining rig according to the instructions from the maker and download the software for your GPU to change the settings. For example, you can use CCMiner and SG Miner to mine the coin.
- Use the options (pool URL, worker, username, and password) given by the mining pool on their website to connect the software to the mining pool you want to use.
The most valuable coin to mine with an ASIC, but not with a GPU, is still Bitcoin. Even with a mining pool, mining Bitcoin with a GPU is not profitable. But you can mine with groups that let you use your hash rate to mine other cryptocurrencies and get Bitcoin in return. Nicehash is an example of this.
Nicehash says that you can use NVIDIA RTX 3080, NVIDIA CMP 90HX, NVIDIA RTX A5000, NVIDIA RTX 3090, and NVIDIA Tesla A100 to mine Bitcoin and earn between 0.000125 BTC and 0.00022200 BTC per day.
For $1 per day for power, this is between $6 and $11 in daily income. You can build a rig for mining by yourself, or you can connect the rig or a single GPU to a pool.
How to use a GPU to mine Bitcoin:
- Buy a mining rig or GPU and set everything up: Put in the right program.
- Download a BTC wallet: Your mining earnings will be sent to this wallet.
- Join a mining pool and set it up: Set up your account, workers, and pool URLs, as well as other information.
- Connect GPU to a mining pool: Different mining pools have different settings for linking a GPU, so check the website to be sure.
Monero is one of the most accessible cryptocurrencies to mine with a GPU, and you can also try mining it on a VCPU, for example, as an experiment. GPUs like the ASRock Radeon RX 5700, XT Phantom Gaming D, ASUS DUAL Radeon RX 480 8GB OC, and MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ventus XS OC can be used to mine Monero.
With a GPU and a hash rate of 10 MHz, you can mine Monero and make about $11 monthly. The prize for mining Monero is about 4.99 XMR, and validators also get 0.06573 XMR per block as a transaction fee. A block has to be checked for two minutes.
When mining Monero, you can join several pools, some of which let you merge mine or switch based on profit. You have to spend a lot of money on GPU mining gear for solo mining.
How to use a GPU to mine Monero:
- Buy a GPU, connect it to the motherboard and other parts, and run the necessary software.
- Set up a bank for Monero. You can start with a web wallet like MyMonero, Monerujo mobile wallet, or many others. It also works with the Ledger Nano X and the Trezor Model T.
- Join a mining pool and connect to it: MineXMR.com, SupportXMR, https://xmr.nanopool.org/, and monero.crypto-pool.fr are all websites like this. You can connect to a mining pool through your mining software or other tools. You will need to enter pool information like the pool mining URL, the address of your mining wallet, your password, and the name of your worker, among other things. Just check with the site for the pool or program in question.
Ravencoin is also one of the best coins to mine in terms of making money. It represents gold, shares, virtual goods, and other types of assets on sites. Ravencoin is best mined with GPUs from NVIDIA, especially the RTX series and up. GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, GeForce GTX 1080, GTX 1070, and RX 570 are all options. You can use a CPU to mine this coin.
At 70 MH/s, mining this cryptocurrency with a GPU gives you a return of about $4.40 daily. Each block that is dug is worth 5,000 RVNs.
How to use a GPU to mine Ravencoin:
- Set up a wallet. Raven Core is an example of a program you can use.
- Install the GPU mining program after you’ve bought and set up GPUs, put them on the motherboard, and attach any other parts. You can put Kawpowminer, Gminer, T-Rex Miner, TeamRedMiner, NBMiner, and Nanominer.
- Choose a mining pool and join it: Set up the information from your mining pool account on the tools you use to mine. Some of these are the mining pool URL, the wallet address, the worker name, etc. This depends on the software that is being used to mine. With some software, you can use the bat file that comes with the program to change how the mining pool works. One example is the NBMiner software’s NBMiner_Win > start_rvn.bat file.
#5) Haven Protocol (XHV)
Anyone can make private tokens representing commodities, fiat currencies, and other assets, whether safe or volatile. Monero is based on the RandomX system, which ASICs can’t mine. It is based on the secret token Monero. With just 100 H/s, you can make $1.9 monthly from mining.
Haven Protocol can be mined with GPUs from the RX 4XX, RX 5XX, and VEGA lines.
How to use a GPU to mine Haven Protocol:
- If you already have the GPUs, you can make a rig by connecting them to the motherboard. Install the program for mining. You can try GPUs like SRBMiner, JCE Miner, and Cast XMR.
- Join a mining pool and give yourself a Haven Protocol wallet address: Hero Miners, Miner Rocks, Fracking Miner, Hashvault, Hashpool, Fairpool, and Do OK are a few of the mining pools.
- Create a Haven Protocol wallet address and join a mining pool: Some programs, like the SRBMiner, need to change config.txt and pools.txt files. With some software, you must use its graphical user interface (GUI) to check setup details, like setting the wallet address, worker name, and pool URL.
Website: Haven Protocol
#6) Ethereum Classic (ETC)
The EtcHash or Thanos update, which is a change to the Ethash algorithm, is used by Ethereum Classic. The F2pool mining pool says that the Jasminer X4 is the best Ethereum Classic mining machine. With a hash rate of 2,500 mH/z, this machine will make $76.01 a day. The JASMINER X4 BRICK is another machine that will be used.
How to use a GPU to mine Ethereum Classic:
- Buy the GPU and set it up. Install mining software for Ethereum Classic or other GPU mining software that works with Ethereum Classic mining. Claymore Dual supports Ethereum, Ethminer, MinerGate, GMiner, and NBMiner.
- Find a mining pool and join it. Some Ethereum Classic mining pools are xnpool, Ethermine, 2Miners, F2Pool, Nanopool, MiningPoolHub, and Nanopool.
- Set up the wallet to work with the mining pool. This is done with the mining software and varies depending on the software. You can make a wallet address with Atomic Wallet, Coinomi, MyEtherWallet, and many other software and hardware wallets.
Website: Ethereum Classic
#7) Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Gold is a version of Bitcoin that uses the Equihash(144,5) or Zhash algorithm, which works well on multiple GPUs. If you want to mine Bitcoin Gold with one of the best GPUs, you can try the GTX 1080 Ti, one of the best GPUs for this job.
How to use a GPU to mine Bitcoin Gold:
- For example, you can make a Bitcoin Gold store on Guarda or Atomic store.
- Get your GPUs and put them in. Use Unmineable Miner tools or other mining tools to get started. The EWBF Miner, Optiminer, and Claymore’s Zcash/BTG Miner are others.
- Join a mining pool: Join a mining pool, such as miningpoolhub.com, 2miners.com, bsmith.io, zergpool.com, suprnova.cc, or k1pool.com.
- Use the mining program to connect the pool to the hardware. Each software’s setup settings for the pools are different, so make sure to check either the pools’ website or the software’s website.
Website: Bitcoin Gold
Dogecoin has a block payout of 10,000 DOGE per block mined, and its price has gone up a lot over the years, especially in 2021. This makes it an excellent choice for GPU miners who want to make money with cryptocurrencies. The Scrypt algorithm, which is what the meme coin is built on, even lets different cryptocurrencies be mined at the same time.
For example, you can mine it simultaneously as Litecoin on your GPU without slowing down the machine. Because of this, it is one of the best coins to mine with a GPU.
Most likely, the best GPU for mining Dogecoin is the RTX 3090 Ultra Gaming, but you can also try the RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2070, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RX 580 GTS, and AMD Radeon RX 5700XT. At a mining hash rate of 9,500 MH/s, you can make about $49.99 daily, which means it’s profitable.
How to use a GPU to mine Dogecoin:
- Buy the GPU and set it up. Use tools like CudaMiner, CGMiner, and EasyMiner to mine with your GPU.
- Make a Doge wallet. You can do this at Dogecoin.com, Trust Wallet, Dogechain, and other places.
- Join a mining pool and configure hardware with it: Aikapool, Litecoinpool, 1coinPool, Multipool, and Prohashing are all pools for mining Dogecoin.
One block of Grin is mined every minute, and a block miner gets 60 Grin as a prize. To start mining Grin, you should look at GPUs like the NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti, Radeon Rx 570, 580, 590, 7x Asus GTX 1060, and many others.
There are also the RTX 2060, 2070, 2080, and 2080 Ti GPUs that you can buy. Mining profitability can be calculated with an online calculator, although a single GPU with a hash rate of less than 10 H/s can generate roughly $1.44 daily.
How to use a GPU to mine Grin:
- For example, you could use the Grin++ wallet to set up a Grin wallet. You can also think about other wallets, such as the Samourai, BreadWallet, and GreenAdress.
- Look into GRIN mining pools and join one or more of them. You can try solo pools like Aeternity SOLO, MimbleWimbleCoin SOLO, Cortex SOLO, and GRIN SOLO.
- Install mining tools like Gminer, IolMiner, and GrinGoldMiner on your GPUs.
- Set up the mining program by changing the.bat files, and then run the miner.
Zcash, which is also one of the best coins to mine right now, uses the equihash algorithm, a slightly changed version of the PoW algorithm that works better for GPU mining than ASIC mining.
The best GPUs for mining Zcash are the NVIDIA GTX 1080, the NVIDIA GTX 1070, the NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti, the NVIDIA GTX 1070, and the AMD Vega 56/64. Each of these GPUs is worth different amounts of money. With a hash rate of 135,000 H/s, you can make $6.87 a day.
How to use a GPU to mine Zcash:
- You’ll need to buy, install, and set up your GPUs on your computer. Install all the drivers, and then use tools like the Nvidia EWBF Miner to mine with your GPU.
- Set up an address for a wallet. They include the Nighthawk mobile wallet, the Zecwallet Lite, and others.
- Get the Zcash mining program and put it on your computer. You won’t have to download the whole Zcash blockchain or use command-line miners that are hard to understand.
- Sign up for a mining pool and set it up. Consider mining pools like ZHash.pro, zpool Equihash, Bitfly, 2miners, Luckpool, and Minergate for this coin.
This lesson talked about how to mine the best cryptocurrency with a GPU. Most coins that can’t be mined with ASICs are much more profitable to mine with a GPU than with a CPU. Most of them set up mining in a similar way. They buy and set up a GPU, install GPU mining software, set up a wallet, and use the software or other tools to connect the GPU to a mining group.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 is the best graphics processing unit (GPU) for mining and can generate hundreds of coins. Merge mining is also recommended for people who want their mining to make money automatically. For this reason, Dogecoin and Litecoin are two of the best coins to mine to consider. Also, look for mining tools with profit-switching models.