Ad Network is a way for publishers and marketers to connect. It connects websites that want to run ads with companies that want their ads to be shown on other websites.
Its job is to make it easier for the two parties to do business and pay each other. It collects advertising space that fits marketers’ needs, packages it, and sells it to advertisers.
Ad networks offer different ways to pay for their services.
Some of them are CPM (Cost Per Mille), CPV (Cost Per View), CPC (Cost Per Click), and vCPM (Viewable CPM).
Why it’s important to choose the best ad network:
- Ad networks make it easy for publishers to focus on other things because they connect the publishers to the marketers on their behalf.
- Payment methods like cost-per-click (CPC) and selling leftover ad space make speed and cost-effectiveness possible.
- Ad networks help writers optimize their campaigns and ad spots by giving them personalized help.
- It helps narrow the crowd by age, location, income, etc.
- It lets more people see the ads, so they can be sold at the best prices to more people.
- It brings in more honest traffic so publishers can buy ad space at the best price.
Types Of Ad Networks
Most ad networks are one of three types:
Vertical ad network: This type of network shows advertising everything that is going on. They know where their ads are being printed or shown. These networks are cheap and help luxury websites get high-quality traffic. Pricing is based on an income share, and ROS (Run of Site) advertising is available.
Blind ad network: In these kinds of networks, the sponsors don’t know where their ads appear. These networks are cheaper than most because they let you buy leftover stock in large quantities. It has ads for RON (Run on Network).
Targeted ad network: In this type of ad network, users’ information is used to target a particular audience and make the purchase more valuable. These are also called ad networks of the next generation.
Top 10 List Of Ad Networks For Publishers
AdThrive is a platform that gives you smart solutions for ad management that are made to fit the needs of your business and are guaranteed to give you better RPMs. It began in the year 2003. It has three options for publishers: “Growth,” “Engagement,” and “Revenue.”
Adthrive works well for customer tech, food, lifestyle, sports, travel, and more. It usually increases publishers’ income by 75% by giving them custom ad strategies, smart solutions, and help from a team that has won awards.
- To bring in more money, custom ad styles are offered.
- There are dashboards for info on revenue and performance.
- It makes it possible to receive national brand campaigns.
- SEO options are offered to improve RPM reporting, traffic source, and keyword strategies.
- Among the other benefits are ways to make money from videos, advanced AI, and so on.
- Great grade of ad.
- Higher RPM when compared.
- Simple dashboards with information about sales and success.
- Helpful customer service.
- High minimum needs for traffic.
- Payment is made after 45 days, which is a long time.
Eligibility: It needs at least 100,000 monthly pageviews, mostly from the US, and Google Analytics already loaded.
Approval Process: Hard
Terms of payment: Payment is due on time Net 45. Every 15th of the month, it is done. It can be paid for with ACH, eCheck, PayPal, a paper cheque or a Global Wire Transfer. It has a $25 minimum payment requirement.
Revenue Share: 75% of its ad income goes straight to publishers, and the other 25% is used to pay for ad serving fees, costs, and mistakes.
CPM: Its average RPM ranges between $13-and $15.
Verdict: AdThrive is suggested because it has a low minimum payment threshold of just $25. It means that you need a $25 income balance in order to be paid the extra amount.
#2) Google AdSense
Google AdSense is a platform that lets website owners make more money by selling unused space on their sites to ads. It gives you two options: auto ads and ads that adapt to your needs.
Auto ads help make good content, bring in more money, and are made for mobiles, so you need to change whether you’re on a mobile or a desktop. Responsive ads adjust the size of the ad instantly based on whether it is being viewed on a tablet, smartphone, or desktop, which can help you make more money.
Follow these three steps: Set up a Google account, give it a phone number and an address, and link it to AdSense.
- Allows you to make money from empty space on your site.
- Advertisers will fight for the ad space, meaning your site’s ads will be more relevant.
- Optimizes mobile or PC ads to be seen quickly and clicked on.
- Saves time by automatically showing ads that are made to fit the style of your site.
- It gives you the best ads for your space that pay the most and are right for your group.
- It gives you the power to change how ads look.
- It gives travel information.
- Pays bills without any trouble.
- You don’t need to change the code whenever there are new ads.
- There is neither a free sample, a free plan, or a free version.
- Analytics is a little hard to set up.
Eligibility: You can sign up for its account even if you don’t get a certain amount of traffic. You must also be 18 years old, have a working Gmail account, and have a website.
Approval Process: Easy.
Terms of payment: It has a Net 30 payment time. It means that the payment would come 30 days after the billing month. It has a $100 minimum payment requirement.
Revenue Share: Different goods get a different revenue share because their costs differ. It gives 68% of the revenue from showing ads, 51% from searches, etc.
CPM: For broad groups, its CPM is between $1 and $3, and its RPM is between $5 and $10.
Verdict: Google Adsense is the best because of how easy it is to get approved, how easy it is to pay, and more. It has a minimum payment limit of $100, which is a lot when compared to other things.
Website: Google AdSense
Mediavine is an advertising service that helps people build long-term businesses by taking care of all of their ads. Costs, fees, and how things work are all completely clear. It can help you with all your ad control needs, whether big or small. It involves making content cards, sharing on social media, using the WordPress structure, and more.
It helps a writer or advertiser with everything they do, like putting up ads, making the site faster and better for SEO, making exclusive content, and so on. It has been around for 16 years and has more than 8,600 people who make material for it.
- Offers ads that don’t slow down your content because they aren’t heavy.
- With the video forward feature, users can quickly share videos with others.
- Works only with premium ad units to keep the level of ads in check.
- A private Facebook group to make it easy to connect with people in their neighborhood.
- The data-driven website lets you easily check your RPM, top posts, videos, and more.
- Places ads in a way that makes them more likely to be seen and keeps up with better ad standards.
- The ads are always useful and of good quality.
- It is a trusted ad partner because it is clear about everything.
- There are several ways to pay, including PayPal, local ACH, international ACH, and more.
- There are only a few ways to report.
- Branding at the bottom of the ads is strange.
Eligibility: You need between 60,000 and 80,000 page hits per month to be eligible. It’s better if your visitors come from places like the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom.
Approval Process: Hard.
Payout Terms: Payouts are made on a Net 65 plan, which means you get paid every fifth after two months from the month you made money. It has a minimum payout cap of $25.
Revenue Share: When Mediavine pays for the ads, 75% of the revenue goes to the publication, and the other 25% stays with Mediavine. If the partner pays for the costs, Mediavine would give publishers 80% of the income and keep the other 20% for itself.
CPM: Its average RPM ranges between $13 and-15.
Verdict: Mediavine is recommended because it offers services like quality ads, multiple payment methods, a dashboard that is driven by data, and more. Some people said that there were not enough ways to report.
Ezoic is an ad network company that has won many awards and promises its users the most money and the best user experience (UX). It lets you try out all of its benefits for free without needing a credit card. It has tools for SEO, advanced security features, tools for building an audience with video and other media, and more.
It works for sites with less than 10,000 users or with more than that number. It works even when you are not actively balancing income, analyzing content, improving web core vitals, or building audiences through video.
- Aids in growing sales, traffic, and success.
- Visitors will have a better time there.
- It allows you to make the final choices about how to make money.
- Offers new ideas based on facts about UX, revenue, and more.
- Fits websites of all sizes and styles.
- Other services include revenue, SEO and analytics, user experience and site speed, and more.
- They have both a free version and a free sample.
- Offers methods that are fully automated and based on science.
- Making newsletters every week can help bring in more money.
- There are no consulting and merging services.
- It takes some getting used to.
Eligibility: It only takes 30 seconds to set up an account, and you need at least 10,000 page views per month to be eligible. The Access Now program allows sites with less than 10,000 hits to sign up.
Approval Process: Easy.
Terms of payment: It offers a Net 30 payment plan. After the money is made, you would get paid every 30 days.
Its payment methods include:
Direct bank transfer (Payoneer)
Revenue Share: It gives all of the money made from ads at the bottom of the page to the people who put them there.
CPM: The average money made per 1000 views is between $12 and $18.
Verdict: The bottom line is that Ezoic is the best for scientific and automated answers. It doesn’t offer counseling or integration services, which are things it needs to do in the future to work better.
Monumetric is a tool for managing ads that helps make money off of traffic in the best way to get a high return and give users a good experience. It gives you full power over your site and lets you make the final decisions.
It was started in 2012 so that authors could get help with ads.
It helps any publisher with any blog, material, platform, or network. It has different sizes of ads like leaderboard, skyscraper, middle rectangle, in-screen, half-page, or pre-roll and post-roll video.
- Always develop new ideas and improve their tools to come up with the best bids.
- Offers the best advertising tactics based on data.
- It helps you make money by giving you people who know how to make money from websites.
- Metrics that are linked to the reports can be seen on custom dashboards.
- Keeps track of earnings on the go and records how often each ad unit was seen.
- There are different ways to make money on YouTube, like the Propel, Ascend, Stratos, and Apollo programs.
- Offers a wide range of ad units, such as Desktop display ads, Mobile-optimized ad units, Inline video ads, and many more.
- We’ll put ads on your site for you so you can focus on making content.
- There are high standards for minimum traffic, such as 10,000 page views per month.
- Setup costs are high, such as $99 or having more than 80,000 page hits per month.
Eligibility: To be eligible, it needs to get at least 10,000 page views per month. Based on the amount of data, it has four programs:
- (10k–80k page views per month) Propel
- (From 80,000 to 500,000 page views per month)
- Stratos (500k–10m page views per month)
- Apollo (more than 10 million page views per month)
Process of approval: Moderate.
Terms of payment: It has a Net60 payment plan. You would get your money 60 days after you made it. It has an application fee of $99.
Revenue Share: It takes 15–30% of the money it makes as a commission and gives the rest to the publishers.
CPM: The average amount of money made for every 1000 page views is between $5 and $16.
Verdict: Monumetric is suggested for strategies based on data, specialized staff, a wide range of ad units, and more. It also helps companies place their ads.
Media.net, which Bing and Yahoo run, is a platform that focuses on relevant advertising networks. It gives digital publishers different ways to make money and boost their income. This ensures that RPM works well, that the panel is easy to use, that creatives can be changed, and more.
- Experts were given to help with making money online and advertising to build long-term worth.
- Optimization of ROI, speed, and low delay are all included.
- Features like real-time reporting, data security, constant innovation, and more are included.
- It helps put ads in the right places, get the best results, and handle data.
- Offers dedicated account control and precise targeting at the page level.
- Ensures that page load times aren’t affected too much.
- There are no costs to join.
- Helps customers in a good way.
- It gives a strong dashboard for reporting on how well websites are doing.
- Tier-1 countries must be sending most of the traffic.
- Payments can only be made in US dollars.
Eligibility: It does not require a certain amount of traffic to be eligible. The site must have English material and traffic from tier 1 countries to get approved. Content should be changed often, and nothing should be anything that breaks copyright. There shouldn’t be any secret links in the links.
Approval process: Hard.
Payment terms: It has a Net 30 payment plan. You would get paid once every 30 days; the smallest amount you could get paid is $100. Wire transfer or PayPal are the ways to pay for it.
Revenue Share: It’s unclear how much earnings it needs to give to the publishers.
CPM: It gives $5 for every 1,000 times it is seen (RPM).
Verdict: The services that Media.net offers, such as optimizing return on investment (ROI), data processing, reports, and more, make it a good choice. It doesn’t pay out in any other currency than US Dollars.
PropellerAds is a way for marketers, agencies, ad networks, and affiliates to handle ads for campaigns focusing on conversions. It comes with powerful services such as automatic ad optimization, protection against fraud, a self-service platform, and more.
- With AI-powered ad optimization technology, income is maximized while the number of people who see the ads is high.
- Full transparency for publishers by letting them see thorough reports on their income.
- You can use a multilingual dashboard to handle things in your own language.
- Powerful tools include customized ad formats, success in making money, and more.
- Frauds can be found in real time, and many ways exist to stop them.
- Affiliate marketing tools that help with re-targeting and optimization.
- No minimum amount of movement is needed.
- $5 is an easy amount to pay.
- Offers a quick payment plan, which is Net 07.
- It brings in less money for websites that aren’t in English.
- Sites that do not meet quality standards will get a smaller CPM.
Eligibility: No minimum flow is needed to qualify. You must have a website that is online and has a domain name.
Approval process: Easy.
Payout terms: The minimum payout amount for producers is $5. It works on a “Net 30” schedule, which means that the producers get paid after one month of making money.
Revenue Share: Publishers keep 80% of the money they make, and PropellerAds keeps the rest.
CPM: Ranges from $1 to $3 for countries in the top tier, and less for lower tiers.
Verdict: The best tools for targeting, redirecting, and optimizing are on PropellerAds. To get better CPM, the sites must meet certain quality guidelines.
#8) Index Exchange
Index Exchange is a tool for managing digital ads that helps with programmatic advertising. It makes money from different sources like video, mobile, etc. and creates premium global demand through DSPs that are the best in the business.
It gives a standard quality exchange with a safe and clear supply chain and a number of options for addressability to make the audience more relevant. Other services include data and analytics, integration and help, and more.
- With a method to omnichannel exchange, it works with all screen formats.
- The quality of the exchange is ensured by the quality of the goods and ads, as well as by security and preventing fraud.
- Provides an automated ad exchange to make sure the exchange works well.
- You can choose which addressability options to use.
- It gives easy access to performance data, reporting UI, API, and client audit logs.
- It puts you in touch with a trade market to buy and sell what you need.
- You can use it for free.
- It works with all formats on all screens.
- Gives you help and integration on your terms.
- It’s tough to get approved in this process.
Approval Process: Hard.
Verdict: Index exchange is recommended for its features like cross-device support, top-rated brands, predictive optimization, and more. It has nearly 20 years of experience in ad technology.
Website: Index Exchange
Pubmatic is an ad-serving network that offers solutions like ad quality, cross-screen video, a media buyer centre, and many more. By using it, publishers can increase the amount of money they can make from their websites.
It makes header bidding easier by giving you tools for controlling and accessing Prebid.js. It gives you private marketplaces to keep control and handle your audience, as well as Real-Time Bidding (RTB) technology to make sure there’s competition.
Other services include ad quality tools, community encore, an identity hub, inventory quality, Openwrap OTT, and more.
- Make sure ads are good and keeps your stock safe.
- Real-time buying technology is available to make it easier to connect with top sources of demand.
- Offers a private open market, has unique demand, etc.
- Omnichannel revenue can be made better with open-source technology.
- There are also services like A/B testing, figuring out who someone is, and more.
- RTB stands for “real-time bidding.”
- Its tools and ability to do analysis are very helpful.
- Pubmatic is promoted in a lot of different places.
- Some mobile DSPs are not fully linked.
- The publisher must own the website or deal directly with the owner to be eligible.
Terms of payment: Publishers are paid on a Net90 schedule, and a minimum of $200 in income is needed to get paid.
Verdict: The best things about PubMatic are its features, such as bidding in real-time, quality ads, a secret marketplace, and so on. Some users say that customer service was not helpful and that they couldn’t get help when they needed it.
PubWise is a transformational end-to-end programmatic ad platform that helps both publishers and marketers make as much money as possible. It gives authors everything they need for header bidding and reporting. It is very efficient, and careful optimization keeps the number up so that the performance keeps getting better.
Other services include wrapping solutions, header-bidding management, pre-bid bid adapter, radical observability, and more.
- Header as a service helps with pre-bid handling.
- You can improve speed by using header bidding management.
- There is a Prebid adapter that makes it easy to get to important demand.
- Allows you to use Google AdX.
- There are direct sales features and automated sales features.
- Other services include optimization, data, flexibility, better control, etc.
- You can try it out for free.
- Offers direct help around the clock.
- It is possible to track conversions, optimize ads, and control content.
- The display could be made better.
Payout terms: It pays out on the 10th of every month after it makes money.
Verdict: PubWise is a good choice for programmatic advertising, header bidding, and revenue reporting processes. Some users think the panel could be better because it lacks features and functions.
Based on our findings, we compared and contrasted several popular ad networks for publishers and concluded that while they all share a common goal of maximizing revenue for their publisher clients, they all have distinct needs, payment terms, and services to offer.
Publift, Adcash, and others fall into the “quality ad providers category.” Mediavine, AdPushup, BuySellAds, and others are among the ad exchanges specializing in premium placements.